Learn how to build your website with minimal technical skills using an author template. You’ll also learn how to integrate author marketing strategies into the structure of your site.
A Painless Solution to Building the Foundation of Your Author Platform
Whether you are self-published or have a traditional publisher, you need a website to market your books. Most publishers will tell you that you have to build your own platform: you have to blog regularly; you must try to connect with your target audience; you must build followers and friends on social media; and you must build an email list for ongoing contact with potential readers and buyers.
Building a website that accomplishes all your online marketing needs can be a daunting challenge for the non-techy author. However, success is much more likely if you choose the strategy of using a WordPress author template and a hosting solution that takes care of the technical work for you.
Create a website that connects to your target audience and promotes your writing products and books.
- Create pages that showcase your books with buy buttons
- Learn to build your target audience of readers by blogging
- Set up autoposting of your blogs to your social media networks
- Learn the basics of how to operate your WordPress website
- Explore advanced techniques such as building an email list
Content and Overview
This course of over four hours of content (31 video lectures) will walk you through every step of creating your finished website. Each video focuses on one element of the site showing you exactly how to complete it. You can then continue to watch the next video, or stop and implement what you just learned. In other words, you could complete your own author website as you progress through the course.
We will start with easy steps followed by more challenging tasks so that you don’t get overwhelmed. Each video you watch will prepare you for the next. The end goal is always kept in mind that you are creating a website that will be an effective tool for marketing your writing materials and selling more books.
This course will not require you to get additional training in programming or web development. You will not need to learn the tasks that would be required when you host your own website, such as installing WordPress, finding and installing a theme and plugins and then configuring everything. The author template and hosting here at WordsandWriters will take care of that for you.
Our goal in this course is that you walk away with an understanding of what it will take for you to create a finished website, ready for blogging and social media interaction. You will be able to use each video as a step-by-step guide to actually complete that video’s topic. The course also includes several more advanced videos at the end that will show you how to build marketing tactics into your WordPress site.
Willingness to complete non-technical lectures;
A basic understanding of computers;
The dedication to follow through; and
A commitment to your own success.
What I Get From the Build Your Author Website Course
- Over 4 hours of content presented in 33 step-by-step video lectures;
- All the details to create a professional and effective author website;
- Understanding of the essentials for operating your WordPress website;
- Detailed instructions for building marketing strategies into your website;
- Confidence that you can create your author website with minimal technical skills;
- The secrets of writing blogs with search engine optimization;
- The knowledge that your website becomes the foundation for your author platform;
- The understanding of how you can attract more visitors to your site by connecting your blogs to your social media networks through autoposting plugins;
- How to embed YouTube videos and book trailers on your site;
- How to include a blog subscription form to build followers;
- How to setup a Mailchimp subscription form on your site to build an email list;
- How to set up Google Analytics to track your website traffic;
- How to set up a live-feed Facebook Like Box on your site; and
- How to create advanced custom pages by using shortcodes.
What is the target audience?
- All Authors, whether self-published or traditionally-published;
- Authors who want a professional website without a big learning curve;
- Writers who are not yet published, but want to start promoting early;
- Authors of any age and level of experience; and
- Authors with minimal technical skills
- Authors who want the hosting company to do most of the technical work